Friday, July 11, 2008

Astrology has arrived...

For all of you out there who are interested in Astrology, and for those who who have no interest, and especially for those of you who hate the ground It walks on, I have decide to add my Astrology web site, which has managed to endure, from the dawn of Sumer, down through the millenia incarnation after ghastly incarnation, until you see it before your very own disbelieving eyes. Feel free to find out how the future holds you in contempt in it's own personal peculiar way. At the present moment, I am too "indisposed" to update all the horoscopes, but since the sun is now in Cancer, we are all safe within our womby homes, weeping over treasured lint from our childhoods to venture out into the harsh world anyway. I will have them done in couple of days.

This is not a commercial website- in that it has never made a single cent, but unfortunately due to the arcane constraints of modern "society" I am forced to labor for my daily bread. Nothing would please me more than to provide everything for free... but then Big Bother would have to at least render unto me the merest of stipends for maintenance of body mind and soul. So with the loving hand of Pay Pal to help me, I will shortly start proving priceless sage astrological wisdom
for modest remuneration. If I can switch to reorganizing as a non-profit I will let you know.

Now, what is this morass that we call astrology? The opinions run very strong here. I think astrology could be a fulcrum point for the accumulated tandem rage of both the scientific and Christian communities...scientists might like to burn both Christians and astrologers though... and the Christians would like to burn scientists, and astrologers... oh what the heck anyone who is even a member of the wrong religion...then they turn inwardly, exposing heretical sect after sect.

Those of you who have read my opinions on the malevolent non-existence of God might find it surprising to find that I believe in astrology. Well don't worry- I don't. Not yet at least anyway. There is clearly an order to the universe ( however evolving and temporary) and a cyclic quality to everything- galaxies flyin' around galactic centers, solar systems whipping with a carefree recklessness through a galaxy, the planet Urp (tm) ( contains more than RDA vitamins and minerals for healthy adults- may cause swelling, rashes, hyponatremia, vagal schwannomas, transient rabies, bulging eyelids, squeaky kidneys, disillusionment and death) merry-go-rounding around the solar maypole, the seasons teasing us with their flirty comings and goings... so why can there be no guide to the correct times to do things in life? Clearly if I live in Yellowknife and want to take a swim in my polar bear pond in the middle of January, this would be ill-advised. Similarly initiating new stuff when there are 2,340 bodies in Pisces (planets, sub-planets, asteroids, hemorrhoids, chirons, astronaut bones, radioactive rubbish from Andromeda, fossils of hamster spacecraft, etc) is not the wisest idea. We have the four earthly seasons, and then there are the 12 cosmic seasons. ( Someone should do some research on solar system and galactic astrology.. although the 2112 thing is hooked in here)

But, you snort and spew, the four earth seasons are plainly evident. This is where the problem comes in, trying to explain the evolutions of the inner life to one who thinks all things are always possible. Well are you the same person now as when you were 12? Even discounting biological changes, your mind has added information...we are always limited by our thinking

But even if there are changes taking place, how on Pluto do the planet positions have anything to do with all this? The planets show what the prevailing "weather" is like for life. It wasn't arrived at empirically. At least not completely or rigorously. It was arrived at through insight and observation, observation confirming insight. Science does something similar, but the rules of testing in science are such they only apply to mechanistic phenomena. This is one reason why psychological or social science "testing" is always much flimsier than testing Newton's ideas for example. People are really too complex to be evaluated in this way, due to the fact that the mind is so complex, and still so poorly understood. Astrology has rules, but the astrologer must always depend on intuitive insight in the interpretation. This material is coming from the Mind, which scientist also partake of, never giving it any real credit. Call it the mind of God, the mind of the Creator, the "force" of the universe..whatever it is, everyone can connect to it. And finally the big letdown- even if all this is false, I think it is a good thing, because people can experience joy doing it.

And even more finally- some reasons why I suspect astrology to work: 1) when am out in public, once every Pleistocene, I will hear songs on the radio. I think if you did a statistical analysis of the singer's sun sign you would find the singer's sun sign is the same as that of the transiting moon by significantly more than 1/12 of the time. Are the people who select this music all practicing astrologers? Nuhuh. They would be lucky to tell you the sign that the Sun was in.

2) My best friend was born 11/5/61 (loathes astrology btw). He was one of very few friends I have had and the friendship has lasted a very long time. When I went to college I had a hard time making new friends, and felt very sad and alone being removed from my familiar home environment. My roommate in my second year became one of my good friends. We had a lot in common. I really wasn't at all interested in astrology at that time, but I asked him his birthday, maybe subconsciously because he reminded me of my best friend. He told me 11/6/61. We had already been friends for over a year by this time, just to make things clear. I was very surprised. Later, when I became an astrologer, I remembered this event and compared our horoscopes. I had Venus conjunct the sun of both of these people, in my seventh house of partners. There were other good links as well. The rising sings of these two people may have been different; the moons certainly were. But they had very similar horoscopes. Ok, if I made friends only with people my own age in college, that would make the month a 1/12 shot. Not the shortest odds. But close to the same day? The same day would be 365 to one against. Not proof, but enough to keep my mind open on the subject. And the moon is in Scorpio today.. but I guess I cheated there..



May Jupiter Bless You......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ts-2lg5fpQ4

No comments: