But I couldnt help it Ollie...whine cry...well here we are in a post Bin Laden world. Take a nice deep breath, and enjoy the Serenity that is dripping from the atmosphere. I had some very powerful flashbacks to the pre 9/11 world the other day. I dont know if this is because I miss the feeling of relative safety, the absence of these constant reminders or TERROR- aghh!!!! run for the hills!!!!....its the abomination of desolation!!!!....eeekkkkk!!! in every day life, or whether I am just getting close to the end of my life,and trying to grab my Rosebud with both hands and avoid splinters. At any rat, I am getting sick of this stupid place. it seems like everyone is a jumpy aggressive shell of their former shell. Those that were talentless before now radiate pure bestialty, and those that were talented before are trying desperately to alchemize the sublime from the absurd. The only bright spot in the world of intellect, broadly speaking, is in the Sciences, and even then it is moving very slowly, because of all the bureaucratic hindrances these days: basically they can all be summarized as having to be the lap dog of multiple insipid parties in order to got from point A to point A point 000000000000001. One example- there are many- would be in Archaeology. To make any progress, your career is really based on people pleasing, rather than the originality of your ideas. If you slave as a grad student, doing your Mentors bidding, then you may be fortunate enough to find yourself in his or her stultifying position, many eons in the future.
And then there are the creative arts, the most heartbreaking of all. It is money, and nothing else, that guides here. And who pays the money? Well the producers, publishers, record industry folk for starters. But they are controlled by these evil animalistic dregs otherwise known as consumers. What music do these evolutionary dead ends want to listen to? Beiber. What movies do they want to watch? Apocalypse 14. Another depressing situation is the previously mentioned flaccidity of formerly potent artists. They strive mightily, but those patrons with a brain can always look back at their masterworks, and say why would I bother spending a fraction of a rand on this thing when I already own something of greatness? It could indeed be time for these formerly great artists to donate their fortunes to some appealing Bill Gates charity, and commit themselves to vanaprastha.
Where does all this leave me? Well maybe I am actually fortunate to be an absolute nobody, a non participant in this darkening age. In Hinduism there is a triad of gods, Brahma, Vishnu and Siva. They represent a fundamental cycle that applies to everything in the material universe. Birth, or origin, maintainance, continuation, including plateau, and destruction, sometimes referred to as regeneration. When everything has reached a point of utter valuelessness, then it has to be completely cleansed before new creation can begin. I sometimes wonder exactly how close we are to this point. There are those talking about the birth a wonderful new age, but how can we have a new age populated with unregenerate reprobates?
best of luck.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment